Aquaponics Design Engineer and Farmer
About the instructor
Ahmed is the founder of Urbanspace Aquaponics which designed, built and operated a commercial aquaponics facility located in Vancouver, BC. with over 2,500 sqft of growing space producing over 3000 vegetables a week.
Ahmed, holds a Master's degree in environmental engineering and has a background in private and government consulting. As an environmental consultant Ahmed tackled critical environmental issues facing governments and the private sector related to water management. Inspired by the potential of aquaponics to become the future of sustainable agriculture Ahmed decided to forgo his engineering career and became a full-time farmer. After successfully selling the aquaponics farm Ahmed now teaches, designs and build aquaponic farms for his clients in North America, Africa and India.
Ahmed believes aquaponics and similar technologies will drive the evolution of food production in the 21st century. With food scarcity becoming a pressing global issue and land becoming a dwindling resource, aquaponics offers a solution that could change the way we think about food production.
You can reach me via email anytime of the week for any questions, comments or suggestions. email@example.com
- Are you looking to master the ins and outs of aquaponics?
- The knowledge that is required to operate a backyard or commercial size system?
- Are you tired of searching the internet for correct information in so many different places?
There are several resources on the internet that help you learn the basics of aquaponics but in this course I will teach you how to design and operate a commercial size aquaponics system. The material is put together specifically with the intention to give you the information you need for the "How-To's" of your aquaponics project and covers more than many of the 2-3 day long workshops offered for a fraction of the price.
The course is designed for someone with or without the basic understanding of how aquaponics works and also for those who are looking to enhance their knowledge of the science, the operations and the design process of building an aquaponics farm, both backyard and small commercial scale. This course contains materials derived not only from the experience of running a small commercial farm but also from academic research on aquaponics conducted in the past two decades.
| ||IN-DEPTH VIDEO LECTURES|
All new and improved video lectures, re-written for 2017.
Email the instructors directly and get answers!
All-new, worksheets to apply what you learn
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN?
- Be able to understand the relation between hydroponics, aquaculture and aquaponics;
- Know the history and origin of aquaponics;
- Understand the basic chemistry and biology of aquaponics;
- Be able to calculate the fish quantity needed for a given grow area, feed rates, and fish biomass;
- Understand and maintain critical water quality parameters;
- Determine nutrient deficiency and treat most deficiencies found in aquaponics;
- Know how to control the optimal growing conditions;
- Treatment methods for specific pest and diseases in aquaponics;
- Case Study on how to design a small commercial size aquaponics system
WHO IS IT FOR?
This course is best for some someone:
- With no prior knowledge of aquaponics;
- With basic knowledge of aquaponics who is looking for a resource that could accelerate their learning;
- Looking to understand plant and fish husbandry in aquaponics;
- Looking for a methodology on designing a backyard or a small commercial size aquaponics system;
|5 in 1 CALCULATOR TOOL|
Plug and Play design
calculator that calculates all design parameters
|SCHEDULE A CALL|
Bonus call with me to ask any questions
regarding your aquaponics project
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING ABOUT THIS COURSE:
Thank you very much Ahmed for your informative workshop. It was delivered in a professional and engaging manner, and I would recommend it anyone wanting to learn more about Aquaponics.
- Yihting Lim, Environmental Protection Officer, BC Ministry of Environment
Downloadable Design Calculator Tool ($20 Value FREE): this calculator is designed to calculate all the design parameters needed to build an aquaponics system by using only the dimensions of your grow beds. The calculator excel workbook is divided into 5 separate calculator sheets giving you 5 separate tools in one
- Backyard Design Calculator: calculates all the design parameters needed to build a backyard system by just the input of the bed width, length and the number of grow beds.
- Small Commercial Design Calculator: calculates all the design parameters needed to build a small commercial system with just the input of the bed width, length and the number of grow beds.
- Reverse Calculator: The design calculator gives you the amount of fish and fish related data as the output based on the input grow area, whereas the reverse calculator sheet has been designed to give you the total grow area that can be supported with a given amount of fish and feed per biomass ratio.
- Heating Cost Calculator: allows you to calculate the amount of heat and the associated cost that will be required to heat your greenhouse for the entire winter season.
- Power Consumption Calculator: allows you to calculate the power consumption of an aquaponics system based on the common power consuming components in aquaponics, mainly pumps, lights and the space and water heating system.
Ask The Expert Call ($50 Value Free) : As a student of this course you can schedule a call with me to discuss contents from the course or ask any questions regarding your aquaponics project. Send me an email to schedule your call.
7 Days Money Back Guarantee.
If you are not satisfied with this course please email email us and we will be happy to provide a full refund
- 4.1 Nitrogen FREE TRIAL
- 4.1.1 Measuring Nitrogen FREE TRIAL
- 4.2. pH Overview
- 4.2.2 Corelation Between pH and Ammonia FREE TRIAL
- 4.2.3 Nutrient Availability
- 4.2.4 Optimal pH
- 4.2.5 Measuring pH
- 4.2.6 pH Adjustment
- 4.2.7 pH Snapshot
- 4.3 Dissolved Oxygen
- 4.3.2 Aeration Methods
- 4.4 Water Temperature
- 4.4.2 Ammonia, pH and Temperature
- 4.5 Solids
- 4.5.2 Solids Removal
- 4.6 Chlorine and Chloramine
- Chapter 4 Note Taking Guide
- Chapter 5 Note Taking Guide
- 5.1 What You Can Grow FREE TRIAL
- 5.2 Nutrient Requirements - Macronutrients FREE TRIAL
- 5.2.2 Micronutrients
- 5.2.3 Nutrient Deficiency
- 5.2.4 Nutrient Antagonism
- 5.2.5 Nutrient Supplementation
- 5.3.1 Ambient Temperature
- 5.3.2 Carbon Dioxide
- 5.3.3 Humidity VPD
- 5.3.4 Lighting
- 5.3.5 Heating
- 5.4 Pest and Disease Control
- 5.4.1 Biological Control
- 5.4.2 Beneficial Insects
- 5.4.3 Other Pest control Methods